Fifth Class Name
Pin showing that student has finished the Class
Voyager Ribbon – For the Advanced Class
Voyager Chevron – To be placed on the Left Sleeve
- Be a teenager 14 years of age, and/or in grade 9 or its equivalent.
- Through memorization and discussion, explain the meaning of the Adventist Youth Pledge.
- Be an active member of Pathfinders.
- Select and read three books of your choice from the Teen Book Club list.
- Make a written or oral presentation on respect for God’s law and civil authority giving at least 10 principles of moral behavior.
- Study the personal work of the Holy Spirit as it relates to mankind, and discuss His involvement in spiritual growth.
- By study and group discussion increase your knowledge of the last-day events that lead up to the Second Advent.
- Through study and discussion of Bible evidence discover the true meaning of Sabbath keeping.
- Have a current Memory Gem Certificate.
- Read the books of Proverbs, Habakkuk, Isaiah, Malachi, Jeremiah or complete the Junior Bible Year reading program.
- As a group or individually, invite a friend to at least one of your church or conference Teen/Youth Fellowship activities.
- As a group or individually, help organize and participate in a project of service to others.
- Discuss how a Christian Adventist youth relates to people in every-day situations, contacts and associations.
- Spend at least 2 hours with your Pastor, Church Elder or Deacon observing them in their pastoral/case ministry.
In group discussion and by personal inquiry examine your attitudes toward two of the following topics:
- Self Concept
- Human Relationships – Parents, Family, and Others.
- Earning and Spending Money.
- Peer Pressure.
- List and discuss the needs of the handicapped, and help plan and participate in a party for them.
- Visit an institute for physically or mentally challenged and present a report on the visit.
Health and Fitness
- Choose and complete any two requirements from the Temperance Honor.
- Organize a Health Party. Include health principles, talks, displays, etc.
- Study the effective refusal technique of Joseph and explain why it is important to use it today.
Organization and Leadership Development
- Discuss and prepare a flow chart on local church organization, and list the departmental functions.
- Participate in local church programs on two occasions each, in two departments of the church.
- Fulfill Requirements 3, 5, and 6 of the Stewardship Honor
- Complete the Drilling and Marching Honor
- Complete the Junior Youth Witnessing Honor
- Review the story of Nicodemus and relate it to the life cycle of the butterfly, or draw a life-cycle chart of the caterpillar giving the Spiritual significance.
- Complete a Nature Honor not previously earned.
- Plan a list of at least 5 nature related activities that may be used for Sabbath afternoons.
- With a party of not less than four, including an experienced adult counselor, hike 25 kms in a rural wilderness area, including one night in the open or in tents. The expedition planning should be a joint effort of the party and all food needed should be carried. From notes taken, participate in a group discussion led by your counselor, on the terrain, flora and fauna, as observed on the hike.
- Complete one Recreational honor not previously earned.
- Pass a test in Voyager first aid.
- Design and build 5 articles of camp furniture and design an entrance for your club camp that could be used for a Camporee.
- Complete one Honor in Outreach Ministries, Health and Science, Household Arts, Outdoor Industry, or Vocational categories not previously earned.